Thursday, November 29, 2007

Lost 3.5 inches

Good morning: I got on the scale today. Weight is up to 282lbs.However I lost 3.5 inches since I measured the last time. I gained 2 pounds and lost 3.5 inches. Weight fluctuations can be a brain twister.

I set some inch loss goals. 4 inches off my hips and 4 inches off my waist by Christmas 2008. How am I going to accomplish this challenge: oxycise, red exciser, elliptical. Whoo Whoo Whoo… get this train a running… Whoo Whoo Whoo … get this train a running.

Over the Thanksgiving Holiday I bounced up to 282 lbs from 280. That’s a 2 pound gain. Time to turn it around. I am not allowing my behavior to slip into a self destructive spiral around food.

I was very stressed over the Thanksgiving Holiday and reverted to some old behavior. Burying my feelings in food. You know that does not feel good to me any more. Makes me sick to my stomach and feel like a puff ball. Frankly I don’t like feeling that way.

I am excited about my Christmas Challenge. This challenge will help to condition my body to walk the half marathon Memorial Day Weekend.

Actually I set 3 goals:
1. 4 inches off hips & 4 inches off waist by Christmas (December 25 2007)
2. 4 additional inches of hips and 4 additional inches off waist by my birthday (February 5, 2008) that would make 8 inches off my waist and 8 inches off my hips total by my birthday.
3. be prepared to walk half marathon by Memorial Day Weekend 2008. (Actual race day is May 25th 2008)

My walking plan to accomplish this distance (13.1 miles/21.08 km) is to start at .5 mi/.8047 km and ad .5 miles to the distance each week up to race week. Through this winter I am using my elliptical to train. That way getting my walk in during daylight hours is not an issue. The cold won’t be an issue either. I will be walking outside of course, taking care of my dogs and working on the ranch, this will help to condition me to the uneven terrain of the race.

Ok I’m getting excited… lol… No Excuses!

Life is a journey...enjoy the trip...
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs

No comments: