Friday, February 20, 2009

Body Transformation Page: 10 Tips to Avoid Bingeing



Whoo Hoo! Happy day today. Yesterday was my weigh in day and I was not a happy camper. ( See Life is a Journey blog.: I woke up pissed off post) I’d had some bad bingy days and bounced up 6 pounds to 294 lbs. I felt like a giant puff ball. This morning I got on the scale, yes I know I said I was staying off it. At any rate, the 6 pounds are gone, so they weren’t actually fat pounds to begin with, just water retention. So in actuality I stayed the same weight from last week to this. Back down to 288 lbs.




Usually I wouldn’t be too thrilled about that, but like I said I triggered and went bingy. Munch Munch Munch, eat the frig bingy. Am I advocating eating everything in site? You know that I am not! What I am actually excited about is that my metabolism has picked up enough that it burned off the binge calories.

So with healthy eating, and working out the fat should be rolling off.

I Started from the beginning on Hip Hop Abs yesterday. The past couple of months I haven’t gotten the full schedule in. January, I worked out 12 times/days; not all Hip Hop Abs; part of that was elliptical and walking the hills.

February, as of my mid month weigh in Feb 18th, I’d worked out 5 times/days. Not so good. So I went into WOWY (great online Gym at Beachbody) and started my Hip Hop Abs workout schedule over. I used the automatic scheduler for the program. It has a 6 day workout-1 rest day. I am following Hip Hop Abs to the letter on workouts this time around. I am excited to see just what kind of results I will have by picture time in March.

I put my Body Transformation Page together on my main site. I am posting pictures and a blurb each month of my 150 pound transformation. Stop by and check it out.

I love logging in to Beachbody and seeing who has been working out, who has won a prize for the day.

It doesn’t hurt that I feel so much better when I workout.

After last weeks Binging Fiasco this article caught my eye.

10 Tips to Avoid Bingeing

By Chalene Johnson. Chalene has some excellent workouts too, Turbo Jam and Chalene Extreme to name a couple.


1. Brush your teeth right after dinner to remind you: no more food.

2. Put a sign on the kitchen and refrigerator doors: "Closed after dinner."

3. Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The large majority of people who struggle with night eating are those who skip meals or don't eat balanced meals during the day. This is a major setup for overeating at night.

4. Eat your evening meal in the kitchen or dining room, sitting down at the table.

5. Drink cold no-calorie beverages such as water or Crystal Light at night. They taste great and keep your mouth busy.

6. Change your nighttime schedule. It will take effort, but it will pay off. You need something that will occupy your mind and hands. Try knitting, lifting free weights in the living room, stretching while watching TV, or putting together your photo albums.

7. If you're eating at night to unwind, calm emotions, or soothe yourself, focus on getting in touch with what's going on emotionally when you head for the fridge. Develop non-food methods of coping with stress.

8. Eat without engaging in any other simultaneous activity, i.e., no reading, TV, or sitting at the computer.

9. Eating late at night won't cause weight gain. It's how many calories you eat—not when you eat them—that counts. However, by setting a cutoff point, many lose weight by simply eliminating calories they were consuming out of habit as opposed to hunger.

10. If you're up late burning the midnight oil, fill up on "free" foods. These are foods that, though they have minimal health benefits, are super-low-fat, low-calorie snacks and are virtually harmless. These include sugar-free Jell-O (10 calories) and sugar-free chocolate pudding (60 calories). Want something crunchy and salty? Try trans-fat-free microwave popcorn, which can have as little as 60 calories per 2 cups popped.
End Article: Article By Chalene Johnson from Beachbody

Click below to get the body you want and the lifestyle you deserve.

My Resolutions:
Live the Greatest Year of my Life!
Live Life now: appreciate each moment as it happens!
Live in peace within myself!

Life is a journey, enjoy the trip.
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
robbinsrun@beachbodycoach.com
307.788.0202
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream With Our Pomeranians

Independent Beachbody Coach: Getting Fit Physically and Financially


No comments: