Saturday, March 05, 2011

I Rocked It!

I Rocked it!
March 5, 2011 4:00 PM


1.75 miles today. Max Speed 4mph. Yeah Baby!


Yes I am celebrating 1.75 miles with a max speed of 4mph!  This is another day another step towards completing the half marathon the end of May 2011.


I read an article where a trainer was saying that walking was really not a benefit to most folks.  I thought ok, hmmm.... I disagree. Walking is always a benefit. When I was back in University 30 odd years ago running distance. Walking 1.75 miles at a max speed of 4 mph would have been me walking to classess. Today it was a workout. Eventually it will be a stroll for me again.  But today it is a victory.


I've gone beyond maxed out before. Way beyond on weight lifting and such.  I leg pressed 350 pounds when I was in highschool. Could dead lift a railroad tie around 6 years ago. Lifted my mother who was way over 200 lbs several times a day 2009 - 2010.


January 18th, I had surgery.  I had an umbilical hernia 3 inches across. Now it's fixed with a patch the size of a sheet of copy paper. In 2005 I had surgery that cut through my abdominal muscles from my navel to my bikini line.  The Doc reinforced the entire area.  I told him the lifestyle I've chosen to live; and he fixed it accordingly.


It will be around a year before it is completely healed.  So I am paying attention and slowly building my endurance.  I am looking forward to getting back into Hip Hop Abs and Turbo Jam.  I am not sure of the time table yet.  One day one step at a time.


3 weeks ago, I could barely walk on that incline trainer at 2mph.


So Today... I am celebrating 1.75 miles at a max speed of 4 mph.


Life is a journey, enjoy the trip.

Mary E. Robbins

307-788-0202

No comments: