Wednesday, March 12, 2008

In like a Lion



Whoo Hoo it’s March! Makes me think of a rhyme a grade school teacher taught. I can’t remember all of it. But it’s about what happens in each of the months. March in like a lion out like a lamb and she had these cute pictures that went along with it. Wow flash back to over 35 years ago. That soooo doesn’t seem possible.

Of course turning 48 this year didn’t seem possible either. I remember being a teen ager and in my 20’s and thinking how different people in their 40’s 50’s and so on were. Now it seems strange to be in a 48 year old body looking out. Wow. Got to take care of this body or the rest of my time on this planet is going to be hellish.

I don’t mean to not live. I mean take care of that carcass you are living in or you will regret it. Wow. I’ve been working on this one. Yes I used and abused it in my teens and 20’s part way into my 30’s. Any of you that have been following my blogs at all know that I got fat. Woof fat. Got very ill, then even fatter. Up to 299 lbs. Yes I know there are folks out there that are even larger. Frankly I cringe at the thought of it. They must be in constant pain.

Our bodies are pretty amazing pieces of engineering. After all the crap I’ve done to mine over the years. I don’t mean just sports. I mean starving it, over feeding it, feeding it crap, drowning it in alcohol, various drugs-prescriptions and all.

I’m not saying to not eat or drink. I am saying all things in moderation. Frankly when it comes to drugs, do your research. The side effects of many are not worth the perceived benefits. Especially if you are on them for a very long period of time. Please don’t depend on your doctors to tell you the side effects. Especially if you don’t ask them. Geez, people do a little research. If you are reading this you have access to the internet. Do some searches on the drugs you are taking and take responsibility for your lives.

I used to hear the side effects of drugs and think “Oh that happens to other people not me.” Surprise! It happened to me and it can happen to you too.

Oh my God! What are they selling with this diet drug ALLI what crap is that? It’ amazes me that it was approved. Bottom line is it’s up to you as to whether you take that crap or not. And can we say crap. As in crap yourself. That’s right, leaky crap your pants. As in oily bowel leakage. It’s actually causing oily bowel leakage.

So, just what do you suppose it’s doing to your body.

Bottom line, a pill, diet shake, surgery, none of it will address the issues that are behind you being too bloody fat! These are just tools.

If you don’t address the issues they will continue to sabotage your life!

You know, it doesn’t have to be some big major thing, it’s one small change at a time. Not overwhelm change your whole life all at once. Like that works, not. One small thing at a time. I’ve been reading a book that really explains it well. Excellent Excellent Read. The Slight Edge by Jeff Olson.

I could ramble on for pages, but there’s kennels to care for, a workout to be attempted, email to sort, and so on and so on.

Later Tater…

Life is a journey… enjoy the trip…
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream with our Pomeranians
307.788.0202 Mountain Time


No comments: