Thursday, March 20, 2008

Walked the Loop

Good morning on this cloudy spring day. Walked the driveway loop with min min and Cheyenne again this morning. Stomach still funky, but manageable. Not running to the toilet every five minutes. Just feeling gaggy.

Feels good to have walked that loop each day. I can really see a difference in min min. That hill is quite the incline. I thought I could train on the elliptical for the most part to be able to complete the Cheyenne/Laramie marathon. Wrong! Woof Wrong! My elliptical is good basic training but to be able to handle that mountain marathon I’ve got to work the hills for real. I found that out pretty quickly walking the driveway loop. Driveway loop sounds kind of silly until you know what it actually is. Our drive way is around ½ mile, one portion is on about a 40 degree angle upwards. That’s what it looks like anyway. I just know I have to lean into it to walk up it.

The loop is actually more of a triangle. With uneven surface and steep grade. The loop isn’t all that long. Something between ½ mile and a mile. It was a major wake up call. I’d been doing 10 km (a bit over 6 miles) on the elliptical and I thought that driveway loop would be gravy. Ha! Not. It feels good now. But it tells me that I need to take more training time before attempting that marathon. Frankly I want to be able to enjoy that race. Feel good about doing it and actually feel good during the walk and enjoy the mountain scenery. Completing a marathon isn’t about beating someone else for me. It’s about being well, and physically fit enough to be able to complete it and enjoy the process. It’s about being healthy, mentally, spiritually and physically.

Gotta head out the door, time to feed and water the kennels. We brought in the feed last night. This time my husband unloaded the truck. I truly appreciated that. I was having painful muscle spasms on my left side yesterday. My hand, wrist, arm, and leg were being just nasty. I’d missed my vitamins a few days, and had not drank enough water either. At least I think that’s what was going on. I’ve been hydrating this morning and took my vitamins and the pain has eased off a bit.

I think my body is fighting off some kind of bug. Something has triggered a gastric attack and diarrhea. I used Imodium to stop the diarrhea one day and as soon as the drug was out of my system it came right back. So something is going on. Don’t really care whether I eat or not and my body wants to sleep.

That is exactly what I’m going to do after the kennels are taken care of. The baby ducks are picked up from the store and taken care of and some book work is taken care of. Then I can sleep a bit.

Frankly a hot bath with some essential oils and Epsom salts sounds good to me. That is where I am going after my work is done for today.

Life is a journey…one day one step at a time.
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream with our Pomeranians
307.788.0202 Mountain Time USA

No comments: