Sunday, January 25, 2009

New Year, from fat body to beach body







Ok, here is where I am starting. Measurements and pics.

Here’s the measurements:
Age: 48 (49 on feb 5th 2009)
Program: hip hop abs-but will be doing others after complete this one
Height: 5 ft 7 in
Weight: 289 (was at 299)
R Arm: 15.5
L Arm: 15.5
Chest: 50
Waist: 41.5
Hips: 58.5
R Thigh: 36
L Thigh: 36
Goal Weight: 149 -i'd actually like to go down to 145 but can't get my mind past losing 150 pounds just yet 299-150=149

I was 299 in December, 295 jan 1st, 293, jan 8th, 289 jan 15, 289 jan 22nd. That leaves me with 10 pounds down, 140 pounds to go.

I live on a ranch in south eastern Wyoming; about 200 miles northeast of Denver Co. it’s been pretty nice for a few weeks, then the weather turned cold again. It’s 7 degrees. Could be colder, thankfully it is not below zero right now. Frankly I had enough of that last year. So did my animals. The warm then cold is tough on them, they all have shelter but it’s still cold. My attitude is a bit cruddy today. I have a real case of spring fever this year. So want it to warm back up and stay warm for a while. Before it gets hot.

299 is the heaviest I’ve ever been. Time to get this stopped before it’s 399. I noticed I’ve been hiding in my fat. Took me quite a while to admit that to myself. I’ve spent the past several years dealing with illness-west nile virus, surgery that destroyed my abs and pelvic floor. The surgery was in September 2005. there’s been 3 surgeries over the past 10 years or so. The last one was a doozie. But I am still here. I’ve recovered some strength in my abs, but have a long way to go. My insides don’t feel like they are falling out if I lift moderately now. Before I got sick I could lift a railroad tie and walk of with it. I went from that to not being able to pick up my coffee pot. I freaked out and packed on the pounds, snarfing everything in sight.

Better now. Made a new years resolution that is making a difference: here it is:
The greatest year of my life.
Live life now, appreciate each moment as it happens.
Live in peace within myself.

I am living now, not waiting until I am at a certain weight. Eliminates the hiding in the fat bit. Wipes out excuses, and blaming myself for what should of could of or would have been if I was at such and such a weight and so on.

I made it, 30 minutes on my elliptical this morning. I've been working on hip hop abs. I am doing the moderated version at this point, because frankly that's all I have in me right now. I thought I’d add the elliptical then some time and do the hip hop abs too. My elliptical has the arm levers so I get the upper body, along with the ab and leg workout with it.



I can see the red bar on the WOWY timer from my elliptical, frankly last night and this morning that was a big part of what got me through it. Mentally and emotionally it really feels good to have started my day off with completing my first workout of the day.

I'm working on my first glass of water for the day. I know I’m not drinking enough h2o.

Here comes my starting photo. This is the same pic that is on my before pics on my beachbody profile.

Something I am really looking forward to is to be able to lie down on my bed. On my side, and not have my belly lie down beside me.

That and to have my thighs not rub when I walk. Although I wonder about that one. I rode horses a lot when I was a kid, bareback, and developed considerable muscle mass in my thighs. Guess I’ll just have to wait and see. At any rate it will be wonderful to not be carrying around that second person.

I remember looking in the mirror when I was I college and thinking I was obese. I weighed 145 pounds at the time. Well I made it happen; now I actually see myself. I’m not sure what to call the torture so many of us put ourselves through, rather than enjoying our lives. But that was then, this is now, what changed, my mindset is what changed.

A lot of binging, journaling, reading, and work later. I am 144 pounds heavier than I was then, 30 years older, and finally free.

Gee sounds like the fat should just float off, hmm anyone have a magic wand...no? Ok guess I'll have to work it off. I was a bit pissed when I got on the scale Thursday. It was irrational, but I was pissed that I stayed the same rather than losing weight. I know I’m building muscle, I know it was irrational, but I was still pissed.

It’s taken me a few days to get my attitude in check. Happily I did not binge after weighing. That is a major victory for me.

I started to do the 2day fast product team beachbody has yesterday. My attitude wasn't in the right place and that didn't workout out too well for me. Made it through 2 meals then had some celery and broth, ate supper with my husband last night. Steak and salad, and a slice of key lime pie.

Yes just a slice, not a whole pie.

Over the past 25 years I have yo-yoed up and down so many times. I just do not want to do it any more. I want to actually be able to enjoy moving around. Go to a dance and enjoy it rather than having my back and feet in constant pain from too much fat and not enough muscle support. Or just go to a movie without being worried that my butt won't fit in the seat. Or book a flight without cringing at the thought of people on both sides of me, flying cheek to cheek literally.

Getting rid of sleep apnea would be a good thing too. I was so excited to find a pair of insulated bib overalls big enough to go on over a pair of sweat pants. They are a size 52 in men’s. Thank God they had them. Makes it much less miserable to be out taking care of the animals in the cold. My thigh is bigger than what my waist was. On a high note, I don’t have a problem with my blood pressure being high. At least I didn’t as of my last checkup.

My dad is coming to visit in June this year if all goes well. I really want some pounds off and to be in much better condition before he gets here.

Guess I am a combination of hope, fear, and determination.

Take care of you

Life is a journey, One day one moment at a time… ok I rambled again.
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs

No comments: