Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 10 and still at it.

Turbo Jam: Cardio Party Today... Jamming off the calories...

I feel better this morning, than I did yesterday when I got up.  Frankly yesterday morning bit the wad. Today my throat is not as swelled up. Made a mistake and had a late snack night before last.  It would seem it was reflux central even with the nexium. Acid burn in my throat and left eustachian tube.  Gargled with some peroxide and mouthwash mixed... seems to help. Took some benaydryl in case some of the swelling was allergy related. Alfalfa is in bloom again.

Did Turbo Jam 20 minute, and ab jam yesterday. Tried to do the floor part of the workout. body is not ready for that yet. started to shut down my breathing.

It seems that the muscles where the top part of that patch is attached have issues with that particular movement. I can do it standing up. Doesn't put as much stress on them. So I'll work it standing up until I build up their conditioning some more then do it on the floor.  One day one step at a time.

It is seriously nasty when they spasm and compress my lungs. Hard not to panic with the pain from the cramping... then add on the breathing restriction because they are compressing my lungs.  It's not a good thing.

I am getting results from the standing ab work. (I can feel it)  I'll keep at that and slowly move into the horizontal stuff.

I had to have the surgery to keep my guts from falling out. Now it's just dealing with the aftermath.  I'm glad the docs caught it before it got any worse. That patch reaches from my bikini line to the base of my rib cage. Someone, I can't remember who, asked me if it would stick out and show when .. actually they said if... I lose the extra fat.  I don't think it will sick out or show as it is attached under my abdominal muscles. As in between my muscles and my abdominal lining.

The surgeon stitched it in pretty good. I am still cautious of ripping it loose.  It is still healing into my muscles; It will be for at least a year.  I can lift my cast iron kettles now. I actually helped to unload the dog food last week. Doesn't sound like much, but there were 22 ... 50 pound bags to lift and empty into steel barrels.  I was cautious, and made sure I "lifted correctly" and I actually got it done without a tearing sensation, or lower back pain.  Before the surgery when I was unloading the truck, during and after, it would feel as if my guts were going to gush out; and my back would be screaming in pain.  Not any more! YaY! 

So it's step by step... day by day rebuilding my muscle strength and endurance. Using caution this time around... I do not want another of those surgeries... EVER! 

So the horizontal floor work will have to wait a bit... and I'll keep working on the vertical crunches to strengthen and build endurance... as well as burn off this fat suit.

Life is a journey, one day one step at a time.  Hey while you are stepping... don't forget to appreciate the view around you. If you look there is beauty everywhere.

Mary E. Robbins
Independent Beachbody Coach
Robbins Run Ranch

No comments: