Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Boing...bounce...


Boing… Yep that’s right my weight bounced. Actually it’s not surprising. No I didn’t go on an eating frenzy. What I did do was build a kennel run, and I am sore. Once the soreness eases off and some of the swelling goes down the weight will drop back off. My hands are even puffy from using the post driver.

In the long run this will result in a firmer more muscular streamlined body. Right now, it’s in the development stage.

Truthfully I’m pretty happy that I can use the post driver. It’s a steel tube with handles that weighs around 40 lbs that is used to drive steel posts in the ground. It makes me smile that I can use it, and that I can carry the 16 ft by 52 inch welded wire cattle panels that make up the framework of the fence. As well as, being able to move the rolls of wire that are cut and hog ringed onto the panels. Pretty exciting stuff to me since not so very long ago I could not pick up my cast iron frying pan. I have come a long way towards getting physically fit again. Using the post driver is like doing a military press. As well as doing some curls. Hog ringing the wire to the panels involves squats, lunges, stretches and bends. Carrying the cattle panels involves resistance work, dead lifts, and walking aerobic work. The actual hog ringing process works forearms. Whoo hoo …it’s the fence building workout.

I started reading a book that looks really good, has been really good so far. It’s called Winning After Losing by Stacey Halprin. She has a quote on the back of the cover that really struck a chord with me.

Winning After Losing: Keep Off the Weight You've Lost--Forever Quote: “The reason most people gain back the weight they’ve lost and the reason others are able to keep it off comes down to one simple but profound truth. You are not what you eat. You are what you think. The secret to wining after losing is in your mind.”

I couldn’t agree with her more. here is a link to her book at Amazon. I strongly recommend it.

Life is a journey...enjoy a good book along the way... Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
307.788.0202 USA Mountain Time

No comments: