Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Happy day on the High Plains...

Whoo Hoo…. I lost another 4 pounds. I’m down to 283. I am truly enjoying watching this fat fall off my body. He He … it’s true… it’s true… I no longer live to eat. I eat to live.

That sounds so simple. The ironic thing is that it is simple. A simple change in mindset. Truthfully it amazes me. For years I’d struggled with weight. Trying to lose weight. Seeing my body as obese, even when it wasn’t.

I remember food issues even when I was a child. Always wanting more, eating until I couldn’t hold another bite. I wasn’t an obese child but I wasn’t a slender kid either. But I was so active I didn’t get fat then.

I do remember when my body perception changed. I was under 9 years old. I don’t remember the exact age, but I know I was under 9 because we were still living in the little house on the hill and grandma was still alive.

I was standing in our driveway, with another person. I’m not going to say who. A teenager that did have a serious weight problem. I remember her saying, take your shirt out, you are too fat to wear it that way. Cover your belly up. I believed her. I un-tucked my shirt. A pivotal moment in a young girl’s life, my life.

I went from a happy little girl, to one obsessed by weight seeing herself as fat. Here is the kicker. If you believe you have a weight problem, you mind will make it come true.

Am I angry at the person that triggered years of mental and physical anguish. When I first realized what triggered my weight issues I was. I’m not any more. She was just another tortured teenager. Making her own life hell on earth and passing it along. Was it spiteful. I don’t know. Doesn’t matter. I like who I am today and dealing with those issues is part of who I am.

Can a single comment change a child’s life forever. Yes, no, maybe, it’s not for me to say.

What I can say is that years of compulsive eating, starvation dieting, trying every diet out there, binging, and so on is over. Good by I miss you not!

It’s about belief… about faith. No not shoving a gallon of ice-cream down your throat and “believing” you won’t gain fat from it. Of course you will. That’s not what I’m talking about and you know it.

The principles I’m talking about can be found in the Bible; actually you can find them in every major religious teaching. Tony Robbins teaches them. The Secret teaches them.

I could go on and on, however it’s already 7:39 a.m. my time and I want to get this posted, take care of some online business issues, make some phone calls, take care of my kennels, do some paperwork, take some photos, and so on and so on…

Life is a journey...enjoy the trip…Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
307-788-0202 USA Mountain Time

P.S. I've included a few links below... just click on the book to be able to hear a sample...




No comments: