Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ellipticals and Land Mines


Wow… I didn’t realize I haven’t been on the elliptical for 5 days. No wonder I have been feeling like crap. I feel sooooooo much better when I work out; physically, mentally, and emotionally.

Hehehehe…. I did it… got the 6 kilometers in. Feels good. I would seriously like to get my rear down under 50 inches. Size 6/8 here I come. One day one workout at a time.

I finally got to see all of this week’s Biggest loser. They were working out really hard, counting calories and the whole bit…. And their weight loss is tapering off. They kept saying they couldn’t understand it. Even the trainers said they couldn’t understand it.

Geez people… can’t understand it. You’ve already lost massive amounts of fat very rapidly. You are working out like a hard labor camp and you can’t understand not losing so much weight this week… it’s called muscle folks. You are still losing fat but you are gaining muscle. This is actually a good thing.

I will still take a look at the scale. However my fitness goals are going to be tied to my measurements instead of the scale. Frankly I don’t care what I weigh if I’m in that size 6/8 trim, toned, and buff. I would estimate that by that time I will be in the neighborhood of 150 pounds lighter; but I really don’t know for sure. Size wise I could be much larger than a 6/8 and have lost 150 lbs.

It will take the conditioning to put me in the size I want to be in. There is no point in being slender and being weak and feeling like crud. So, it’s conditioning- conditioning- conditioning…

Actually that’s not totally true. Gotta give the body a good quality fuel as well. So it’s nutrition and conditioning. Lets not forget what put the extra fat on in the first place.

Yeah I know eating way too much.

But why-eating way too much.

Sorting out the emotional, mental, spiritual reasons that the weight was packed on. Ignore those issues and it’s yo-yo weight once again.

It’s a total package. Living healthy mind body and spirit.

Truth be told being over-fat is a symptom of other things going on in our lives. I’m not talking about a pound or two here and there. I am talking about self destructive patterns leading to obesity.

It’s a must. Dealing with the issues hiding in the fat. As the fat comes off the issues come up. Exposed like land mines in a wind swept field. Ready to explode and wreak havoc unless they are defused.

Yes I have some experience with this. Yes sometimes it’s messy. Yes it’s worth it.

As for me personally a nasty one blew up in my face about a month ago. I totally lost control, spun into self destructive binging behavior. I have been working my way through it; dealing with issues that have been plaguing my existence for many-many years. Not a pleasant process digging through that bit of mess to be sure. I can say on the positive side that I am no longer binging uncontrollably.

Maybe by going through this process I can help someone else along their way.

Life is a journey, sometimes there are land-mines in the road.
Mary E. Robbins
Robbins Run Ranch
307.788.0202

No comments: