Thursday, January 03, 2008

Bright Cold Wyo Morning, fitness goals Jan. 2nd

Good Morning…
Yes it is a good morning. It’s bright sunny and cold, and absolutely beautiful outside. It was 2 below zero Fahrenheit when the dogs chased me out of bed this morning at 5:00.
My back seems better, still pain radiating down my legs and arms and a bit dizzy; but not as bad as yesterday pinched nerves can be a bugger.

I’m hoping using the reverse incline will pull me back into alignment. I was having severe muscle spasms in my back after taking care of the kennels for several days. I’m thinking that is what pulled me out of alignment. I am wearing an abdominal and back support trying to hold things together. That has helped a bit. I’m thinking that the more I move the more chance I have of coming back into alignment so I walked a km on my elliptical this morning. I am restarting my training program to get ready for the half marathon the end of May 2008. I’ll be adding 1 km a week up until the race, maybe a bit more just before. At any rate it will help me to increase my endurance and elongate my leg muscles a bit.

My Daily Meal Plan at this point is as follows:
Eat at least 1 fruit daily
Eat at least 1 salad daily
Listen to my body
Eat only when hungry
Write down what I eat
Write down my exercise/workouts

Workout Plan:
Elliptical-start with 1 km per day increase 1 km per week
Oxycise Level 1-several times per week
Hip Hop abs-several times per week
After it warms up a bit do some lifting on my bowflex. The bowflex is out in the quonset… there is no heat in there and frankly I refuse to lift any more weight than I already am in subzero temps. I’m lifting 20 to 55 lb bags of feed, dragging 100 foot hoses full of water, dragging my feed tubs, beating the ice out of water containers with a 3 pound sledge hammer. That 3 pound weight doesn’t seem like much until you do a couple hundred reps with it. Tossing bales of straw into pens and distributing the straw about with a pitch fork. Once it warms up I’ll be cleaning out kennel runs with a rake, shovel, and pitch fork, and grooming dogs as fast as I can to get their coats brushed out before the heat of summer gets here.

At any rate that’s the plan for now.

Life is a journey… enjoy the trip…
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs

No comments: